45 million square meters – equivalent to the area of about 7,000 football fields or 850 times the area of the Great Pyramid of Cheops or 100 times the area of the Vatican City or 50 times the area of the island of Helgoland. With it, Christo would have been able to wrap the German Reichstag 450 times, or one could layout the track bed of the Trans-Siberian railway line three-fold.
Cartonia was founded in 1951 as a solid paperboard processing plant in Dillenburg. The subsequent opening of a new plant in Breitscheid-Medenbach in 1975, made it possible to meet general industry requirements. In 1982, Cartonia was integrated into a proprietor-managed group of companies.
Ensuring the highest quality is our goal and a permanent requirement we place on ourselves. The static properties of the types of corrugated board used, are constantly checked in our laboratory. Our processes are specified by quality management systems according to DIN ISO 9001:2015.
For us, this is far more than just a stamp on our correspondence, because the idea behind quality management can be outlined as follows: Excellently organized work processes ensure a consistently high quality of work results– »lived DIN ISO«.
Panels comprised of state approved experts audit our company as external service providers.
Cartonia is actively involved in climate protection, because recycling is very important to us. Our industry is one of the largest waste paper recyclers in Germany. This is by virtue of the inherent nature of our business: The fluted material is made of almost 76 percent recycled paper — likewise, the glue based on plant starch is a natural product made from renewable and recyclable raw materials.
Download the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C106788) certificate for responsible forest management